Are you a fabric developer with 5-7 years of experience working for an international fashion brand? Are you available for a 3-month interim role to start by April 18th? A major international fashion brand with its European headquarters in Amsterdam is looking for a Fabric Developer. Please note, the deadline to apply for this role is Monday, April 4th at 6PM.
The position ‘Fabric Developer’ is responsible for the fabric developments of special collections and collaborations.
In collaboration with Design, and cross divisional Teams such as the PD and Merchandise Team.
- The ‘Fabric Developer’ is in charge of all R&D of Fabrics to cover the needs defined by our Design direction and commercial needs;
- The key objective is to be responsible for the total fabric development in collaboration with design and follow up of collection process from first ideas through development to SMS stage;
- The scope will be MSW and WSW range.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The research and selection of the fabrics will be mainly focus on EU (Italian mills) and Turkish Mills, seldomly Far East Mills as well;
- Define Prices for fabric research in line with target prices;
- Participates to the key meeting with Design / PD / Merchandise to evaluate the inputs, the selection in terms of quality and price level;
- Participates to the key International fabric fairs and organize the internal fabric Fair with the Team;
- Advise Design regarding technical possibilities and limitations;
- Work very closely with Mills, to control the status of the developments and changes;
- Coordinate and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching as per internal information (PLM, excel, etc.);
- Takes a proactive role in continuously improving the product.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Higher textile education;
- 5-7 years working in fabric development and industry;
- International experience with knowledge in different markets;
- Team spirit and work hands on;
- Is able to work in a highly productive, sometime hectic environment with a hands-on mentality;
- Ability to travel within Europe for supplier visits;
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal) - Italian a plus;
- Possesses a work permit for the European Community.
For creative projects:
Please include an up to date portfolio with your application. We would love to see your aesthetic as well how you commercially design to understand why this is THE role for you!
What you can expect from our client:
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality;
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus;
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
Artistiek / Creatief / Ambachtelijk | Fulltime (startersfunctie) | MBO